OTHER TREE SERVICES – LINCOLN'S FULL-SERVICE TREE CARE COMPANY
In addition to our other traditional services, we offer a variety of other tree services that provide our customers with complete tree care.
- Tree Pruning - there are various classifications for tree pruning. Below are a brief description of all the types of pruning we can do.
- Crown Cleaning - this type of pruning cleans up the canopy of a tree by removing dead and diseased branches, excess limbs, and any rubbing or crossing branches. This pruning strengthens a tree against strong storms, wind, and ice by eliminating weak structures and allow improved airflow through the tree.
- Pruning Dead Wood & Diseased Branches - this pruning focused on removing all the dead or dying wood in a tree. This will both improve the tree's look as well as improve its health.
- Interior Thinning - this pruning seeks to improve the interior of the tree's access to sunlight. Further, it aids in strong, healthy growth as well as improves the tree's resistance to wind and ice.
- Elevating - this pruning eliminate lower limbs that may be touching the ground and/or impeding access around the tree. Trees that encroach upon structures, sidewalks, roads, etc. are prime candidates for elevating.
- Shaping - pruning for shape is just that: returning the tree to it's natural shape and appearance. Landscape trees can grow in every direction given lack of competition from other trees. Conversely, trees in the forest generally can only grow upwards due to nearby competition for sunlight. Consequently landscape trees need to be regular pruned to prevent overgrowth.
- Clearing Branches from Structures - tree growth that hangs over, touches or otherwise encroaches structures, to include power lines, should be pruned ASAP. Most homeowner's insurance policies will be voided if a tree that is touching a property structure causes damage.
- Crown Reduction - this is a pruning method to reduce a tree's width and height. Crown reduction is generally performed on trees that are prone to storm damage, lean, or outgrown it's planting location.
- Topping - is NOT a recommended pruning technique and is never performed by Lincoln Tree Service. This is an old fashion pruning practice done by inexperienced and unprofessional tree companies. Topping is very dangerous to the structure and health of a tree. Further, topping causes death in over 60% of the trees exposed to this pruning method. If a tree is fortunate to survive topping, it will look unnatural for the rest of its life.